Nanometrics is the world’s largest manufacturer and systems integrator of specialty instruments, software and data communications systems for seismological monitoring.
Nanometrics real-time and portable systems are in use on every continent and in more than 200 countries by national government institutions, universities and test ban treaty monitoring organizations.
Customers with mission-critical environmental and earthquake surveillance requirements that demand the highest possible data quality, reliability and availability deploy Nanometrics products with confidence.
- Replace Autodesk Mechanical Desktop with a more powerful CAD system to meet complex design requirements
- Speed up time to market
- Improve quality of design
- Improve productivity
- Simplify review process to better manage product changes and the development process
- Evaluated and selected SOLIDWORKS over Solid Edge for product versatility, ease of use, speed, accuracy and trustworthiness
- Vendors & suppliers using SOLIDWORKS (easier to communicate/work on same CAD system)
- Accurately forecast SOLIDWORKS to become the most widely used 3D CAD software in Ottawa and across a wider geographical base
- Rapid adoption due to ease of use; almost seamless transition
- Increased design speed by at least 3 to 5 times compared to former software (project that previously took 1 1/2 months, completed in a couple of weeks with SOLIDWORKS)
- Substantial improvements to product accuracy, stability and quality
- Significantly reduced time required to get products to market; an important competitive advantage
- The more sophisticated capabilities of SOLIDWORKS help design better products
- Self-articulating & accurate software apprises user of what will be accomplished and in what time frame
- Effectively communicate internally with management and production as well as externally with customers using SOLIDWORKS eDrawings. Allows non-SOLIDWORKS users the opportunity to open and review designs in 3D
- Capability of quickly going from prototype to production; previously required more design iterations
- Easily open/convert/handle files from other software as well as native files
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation confirms feasibility of new product designs resulting in substantial time savings (Purchased separately as add-on to SOLIDWORKS Package)