Gain skills in your own time
With SOLIDWORKS skills, students have a clear advantage in engineering and industrial design job markets. The easy-to-use SOLIDWORKS Student Edition lets students sharpen their skills outside the classroom as they learn to design better products.
What is SOLIDWORKS Education Edition?
With the SOLIDWORKS Education Edition, students and instructors can focus on what’s really important—fostering new ideas, solving problems, teamwork, and innovation. This sweeping CAD and engineering development teaching tool features 3D software plus a broad curriculum of exercises and interactive courseware.
Industry standard tools
In today’s competitive job market, CAD professionals don’t just design—they simulate, innovate, visualize, and communicate—to advance new ideas and their careers.
The SOLIDWORKS® Education Edition provides powerful, engaging, hands-on software to understand and develop designs for the real world. The integrated 3D software, curriculum, and lessons make design development easy to learn, easy to teach, and exciting to use.
SOLIDWORKS Student Edition Capabilities
SOLIDWORKS Premium includes powerful simulation, motion, and validation tools, wire and pipe routing functionality, and reverse engineering capabilities
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium delivers more powerful and sophisticated simulation capabilities, to help you answer engineering challenges
SOLIDWORKS Visualize products help organizations leverage 3D CAD data to create photo-realistic marketing content that is print and web ready in minutes
SOLIDWORKS Electrical software simplify electrical product design with specific tools designed for engineering and intuitive interfaces for faster design
SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation
SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation gives product engineers access to powerful CFD analysis capabilities that help enable them to speed up product innovation
SOLIDWORKS Plastics simulation software makes it easy for companies that design plastic parts or injection molds to predict and avoid manufacturing defects
SOLIDWORKS Composer helps organizations leverage 3D CAD data to create dynamic graphical content to communicate even the most complex products
Learning resources for Students
Gain the skills you need with professional training
MySolidWorks for Students
MySolidWorks helps students gain the skills to work faster and smarter with SOLIDWORKS. Students can access over 600 online training videos and learn SOLIDWORKS on their own schedule, at their own pace—anytime, anywhere, on any device.
With MySolidWorks students can:
- Learn from over 600 product tutorial videos
- Take a SOLIDWORKS Certified Associate (CSWA) prep course
- Share designs with online storage services such as Dropbox and Google Drive
- Access reliable, near-by manufacturers
- Get the Buzz — keep up with what companies, educators and students are doing with SOLIDWORKS worldwide
- Search for and get answers to questions about SOLIDWORKS
- Download free 3D and 2D CAD models of user-contributed and supplier-certified parts, assemblies, and more
Professional Instructor Led Training—50% discount
Receive training from Javelin's SOLIDWORKS experts in a classroom near you. If you are a full time student or currently unemployed then SOLIDWORKS training can be purchased at half the regular cost.
The benefits of training from Javelin:
- Instruction from a Certified SOLIDWORKS Expert
- Over 40 SOLIDWORKS related training courses to choose from
- SOLIDWORKS Application specific classes
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation courses
- GD&T training
- Electrical design and simulation courses
- Regularly scheduled classes across Canada
- Live Online Training options available
Get the Student Edition
Buy the SOLIDWORKS Student Edition from the SOLIDWORKS student web store