The SOLIDWORKS SimulationXpress add-in provides first pass testing of your SOLIDWORKS Parts.
SOLIDWORKS SimulationXpress is the first and only built-in design verification tool for testing part designs quickly and easily within 3D mechanical design software. SOLIDWORKS SimulationXpress can help you achieve the following objectives:
- Verify whether your design will work, and if it will behave exactly as you intend. You can determine whether your design places too much load on given components, possibly causing breakage.
- Quickly investigate the relative merit of a wide range of designs, thereby weeding out the worst designs and highlighting the best. Using design analysis to test your designs is much quicker and less costly than building and testing physical prototypes.
- Test radical new designs without cutting metal. These might be designs you previously would not have completed because they would be too tedious or time consuming to build and test.
SOLIDWORKS SimulationXpress is suitable for stress analysis of simple parts, giving you the ability to simulate the effect of force or pressure loads on those parts. Once you have your stress results, SOLIDWORKS SimulationXpress can generate HTML reports and create SOLIDWORKS eDrawings files to document and communicate the results of the analysis. For SOLIDWORKS users who need additional functionality, it is easy to upgrade from SOLIDWORKS SimulationXpress to SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard.
Features and Benefits of SOLIDWORKS SimulationXpress
With SOLIDWORKS SimulationXpress you can:
- Perform a first-pass design check on simple SOLIDWORKS parts.
- Determine the factor of safety of your parts.
- Easily document and share your results with HTML reports and SOLIDWORKS eDrawings Viewer.
- Enjoy the benefits of design simulation and analysis free inside SOLIDWORKS.
- Easily upgrade to SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard if additional functionality is needed.
What are the differences between SOLIDWORKS SimulationXpress and SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard?
Several bundles of SOLIDWORKS Simulation software are available. SOLIDWORKS Simulation is the natural upgrade from SOLIDWORKS SimulationXpress. The following table compares the functionality of SOLIDWORKS SimulationXpress to SOLIDWORKS Simulation:
|Capability||SOLIDWORKS SimulationXpress||SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard|
|Thin parts, sheet metal parts, shells|
|Stress & Displacement|
|Contact analysis in assemblies with friction|
|Fluid Flow (SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation)||
|Motion Simulation (SOLIDWORKS Motion)||
|Multiple Studies, “what if scenarios”|
|Parameters & Design Tables|
|Customizable Material Library|
|Uniform pressure & force on faces|
|Fixed restraints on faces|
|Directional & non-uniform pressure & force|
|Force on edges and vertices|
|Body loads: gravity & centrifugal|
|Special loads: torque, remote, bearing|
|Fixed restraints on edges & vertices|
|Directional and prescribed restraints|
|Temperature, convection, radiation, heat power|
|Springs, Elastic Foundation|
|Pin, Bolts, Rigid, Spot Weld|
|Stress plot, deformation, displacement plot|
|Factor of safety calculation and plot|
|Principal stress, directional stress, strain plots|
|Result probing, listings|
|Dynamic section, iso plots|
|Scaled plots, superimposed plots, customizations|
|Publish SOLIDWORKS eDrawings of analysis results|
|Animation and save as AVI|
|Detailed HTML report customizations|
|Save as bitmap, JPEG, VRML, XGL|
The SOLIDWORKS SimulationXpress Add-in is part of the SOLIDWORKS Premium software bundle from Javelin.
SOLIDWORKS Premium software gives you powerful, easy-to-use functionality that automates tasks, streamlines workflows, and helps you quickly define and validate the form, fit, and function of your design. Part of the SOLIDWORKS product development solution.
Includes tools for design, simulation, sustainability, communication and data management—SOLIDWORKS Premium empowers innovative design with specific tools that help you work more efficiently so you can make better design decisions.
Download eDrawings Viewer
Download the FREE SOLIDWORKS eDrawings Viewer software to view, print, and review all types of eDrawings files. In addition, the eDrawings viewer is a free:
- AutoCAD® Viewer (DWG and DXF)
- SOLIDWORKS® Viewer parts, assemblies, and drawings.
Need eDrawings for a Mac? Download it from the App Store »
Related resources for this add-in:
Interested in the SOLIDWORKS SimulationXpress Add-in?
Call us free at 1-877-219-6757 and get your questions answered