SOLIDWORKS Simulation is a fantastic way to validate designs before producing an engineering drawing. Reducing weight or material usage in your designs, while not sacrificing structural integrity, can be an excellent money-saver. Upgrade to SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional to take advantage of the Design Optimization module.
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Optimization module
See a demonstration of the optimization module in action:
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional Features
Includes the features of SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard software plus powerful and intuitive 3D virtual testing tools including:
- Test your design with extensive structural analysis: Structural simulation covers a wide range of FEA problems—from the performance of a part under a constant load to the stress analysis of a moving assembly under dynamic loading, all of which can be determined using SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional.
- Analyze assembly motion for process and task workflow with event–based simulation: Easily simulate complex machine operations using event-based motion analysis with SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional and validate the sequencing of the design to ensure correct operation, product quality, and safety. See how your product would move in the real world and measure the forces and loads while you design, helping you correctly size the motors and the structure and confirm the timing.
- Understand the effects of temperature on your design: SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional enables every designer and engineer to carry out thermal analysis at any stage of design to ensure that every component and assembly performs properly within expected temperature ranges, and spot safety issues before they arise.
- Simulate frequency or buckling in your designs: Quickly and efficiently investigate the natural frequencies of a design—with and without loads and boundary conditions—with easy-to-use SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional. Ensure that the natural modes of vibration are away from environmental forcing frequencies, indicating that the design will meet the required service life.
- Pressure Vessel Design: In a Pressure Vessel Design study, you combine the results of static studies with the desired factors. Each static study has a different set of loads that produce corresponding results. These loads can be dead loads, live loads (approximated by static loads), thermal loads, seismic loads, and so on.
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional adds to SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard with more powerful and sophisticated simulation capabilities, to help you answer engineering challenges with complex load scenarios and multi-physics solutions.
Reduce the need for costly prototyping by integrating virtual testing early in product development. Reduce outsourcing costs by testing performance and functionality internally.
Related resources for SOLIDWORKS 2019: