Technical Documentation & Publishing
When creating technical publications such as catalogues, maintenance manuals, regulatory filings and training manuals, many legacy technical publishing systems require that data be pulled from multiple sources, a slow and error-prone process.
With disconnected data sources and difficulty finding the most relevant and up-to-date information, such documents typically require a long lead-time, are prone to errors, and are expensive to produce.
Technical Documentation & Publishing with Aras Innovator® and services from Javelin
- Built on the Aras Innovator® platform, Aras Technical Documentation is a content authoring tool that takes a new approach to the creation of technical publications by using PLM content directly.
- Developed in partnership with Orio (formerly Saab Original Parts), the web-based solution cuts out rewriting time and eliminates opportunities for error by using referenced PLM content in a modular fashion.
- Additionally, notifications of engineering change orders (ECO) can automatically trigger document updates, ensuring that publications use the most relevant, up-to-date information.
How We Can Help
Aras Innovator PLM provides the tools and processes you need to create and share product documentation
Benefits of Technical Documentation Authoring with Aras Innovator
Aras Innovator Documentation enables cross-discipline authoring, visualization, sharing and publishing of topics-based, modular documentation within a secure, managed environment.
- PLM-based solution means document authoring teams have access to the latest PLM data in a single location.
- Notifications triggered by ECOs ensure documents are composed of the most up-to-date, approved information
- Use of embedded PLM content cuts out rewriting/rekeying time and eliminates opportunities for error.
- Modular content schemas drive content re-use, saving time and improving document accuracy.
- Content templates maintain consistency, enforce regulatory and safety standards, and ensure corporate guidelines are met
- Collaboration with multiple authors across departments and geographical locations reduces document lead time.
Features available with Aras Innovator Technical Documentation
Aras® Technical Documentation is highly flexible, allowing organizations to tailor business processes to their specific requirements.
- Uses embedded/referenced PLM content to populate documents.
- Document assembly managed through user-defined templates.
- Links to engineering change orders can trigger updates in associated publications, either individually or in batch updates.
- Web-based solution means no client installs.
- WYSIWYG editor supports publishing in XML, HTML and PDF.
Aras Innovator Quick Demo
Take a look at the Technical Documentation Authoring solution in action
Aras Innovator PLM solution
Aras Innovator PLM is full-featured, business-ready web based solution for Product Lifecycle Management.
Aras Innovator drives cross-functional collaboration and extends engineering business processes throughout the company and the extended supply chain.
Aras Services and Implementation
Want to improve your process with Aras?
Aras Innovator is a commercial offering that is purchased as a subscription from Javelin to gain access to the online service. With the Aras subscription your company gets access to new releases, service packs, administrative utilities, documentation and much more, along with options for technical support from Javelin.
- Live Technical Support from our certified support team.
- Remote Support to solve your technical issue right on your machine.
- Regular Communication of software updates and technical tips and tricks.
On-Site, In the Cloud, or Hybrid
With a modern, flexible platform you have complete control over your Aras deployment, as either data center, cloud or hybrid. You can deploy on-site and migrate to a hybrid or full cloud model without losing any solution capabilities, or start in the cloud and move to your data center whenever you want.
Model-Based Service-Oriented Architecture
The unique Aras® Model-Based Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) is designed to be:
- Flexible to meet today's needs and adapt easily as your business evolves
- Scalable to grow with your business
- Easy to upgrade, even if your system is heavily customized, allowing you to benefit from enhancements in new releases
Process Implementation Service
To achieve PLM success, you need a fast and thorough implementation that addresses the high priority areas of your business and results in company-wide user adoption. Working with Javelin you will be dealing with Aras experts that know your business and how PLM will drive your competitive advantage.
Implementation Services include:
- Requirements & Project Planning
- Pilot Proof of Concept
- Data Loading & Data Migration
- Configuration & Customization
- Systems Integration
- PLM Team Training
- Admin Training
- User Training
- Upgrades and follow-up
- Ongoing Support
Do you have PROCESS issues?
Call us free at 1-877-219-6757 and get your questions answered